South Asia Studies Undergraduate Summer Research Grants The Department of South Asia Studies invites applications for the South Asia Undergraduate Research Grants has extended the deadline to April 1st by 12 noon. The South Asia Studies department will award up to two research/travel grants (maximum of $3000 each) for Spring-Summer to support undergraduate research projects involving travel to South Asia.Applicants should submit:
- A statement of 500 words or less indicating the nature of their project and how it fits into their academic program at Penn (preference towards South Asia Majors/Minors)
- An unofficial Penn transcript
- A budget and funding request
- A brief statement from a faculty member who would be guiding the research (this may be addressed to "SAST Awards Committee")
- A list of other applications being submitted to support this research. (Applications for other grants will be viewed favorably in the review process.)
The competition is restricted to undergraduate students in their first, second, or third year of study; applications from seniors graduating in May will not be considered.Please provide COMPLETE applications to: Zoe Beckerman email@example.com 820 Williams Hall (you may drop off paper applications or send in pdf form via email)Again, the deadline for COMPLETE applications is April 1st by 12 noon.