Sanskrit language and literature (belles-lettres, epics, and drama); grammar and linguistics; Indian philosophy and intellectual history; Pali, Prakrit, Hindi and Gujarati language and literature; translation theory.
- "Sources of Authority in Post-Classical Hinduism" in A Cultural History of Hinduism in the Post-Classical Age (800-1500 CE). Ed. Karen Pechilis. Bloomsbury Press. [Forthcoming]
- "Disruptive Readings: Sanskrit Literary Commentary as Translation" in Science and Society in the Sanskrit World. Eds. Fleming, Knudsen, Misra, Sharma. Brill Press (2023). [https://brill.com/edcollbook/title/61887?.rskey=muACdo&result=2#:~:text=...
- “The Literary Commentary in Sanskrit as Metalinguistic Communication” in Asiatiche Studien – Études Asiatiques, 76.3, 2022. [https://www.degruyter.com/journal/key/asia/html#latestIssue]
- "Translating texts, translating readers: could Andy Warhol’s writings be translated into Indian languages?" in Journal of Art Historiography (26: June 2022). ISSN 2042-4752. [https://arthistoriography.wordpress.com/26-jun22/]
- "The Curious Case of Sanskrit Literary Translingualism" in The Routledge Handbook of Literary Translingualism. Eds. Steven Kellman and Natasha Lvovich. Routledge Press (2021) [https://www.taylorfrancis.com/chapters/edit/10.4324/9780429298745-8/curi...
- "Desire, Perception, and the Poetry of Desire: A Reading of the Vasucaritramu" in Sensitive Reading: The Pleasures of South Asian Literature in Translation. Eds. Yigal Bronner and Charles Hallisey. University of California Press (2021). [https://luminosoa.org/site/books/e/10.1525/luminos.114/]
- "Kāvya’s Repeat Performances: Intersections of Aesthetics, yoga-parikarma-bhāvanā, and the Logic of Medium-Specificity in Daśarūpaka’s Discussion of śāntarasa" in Cracow Indological Studies, Issue XXII (2) (2020). [https://journals.akademicka.pl/cis/article/view/2166]
- “Appropriations and Innovations in Metalinguistic Terminology in an Influential Telugu Grammar Composed in Sanskrit” (2017) in Histoire Épistémologie Langage, Paris: Société d’Histoire et d’Épistémologie des sciences du Langage (International Society for the History and Epistemology of Language Science). [https://www.persee.fr/doc/hel_0750-8069_2017_num_39_2_3612]
- "Mettabhāvanā in Traditional and Popular Buddhist Contexts" (2014) in Asian Philosophy: An International Journal of the Philosophical Traditions of the East. Taylor & Francis. Volume 24, Issue 4. [https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09552367.2013.831532]
- "The Sanskrit Poet's 'Voice' in Legend and History," in Sucāruvādadeśika: A Festschrift Honoring Professor Theodore Riccardi, Jr. Eds. Lewis and Owens. Himal Books (2014). [https://himalbooks.com/product/sucaruvadadesika-a-festschrift-honoring-p...
- “Sanskrit Poetry” (2012) in The New Princeton Encyclopedia of Poetry and Poetics, 4th Edition. Ed. Greene and Cushman. Princeton University Press, pp. 1250-1255. [https://press.princeton.edu/books/paperback/9780691154916/the-princeton-encyclopedia-of-poetry-and-poetics]
- “Shared Typologies of Kāmaśāstra, Alaṅkāraśāstra, and Literary Criticism” (2011) in the Journal of Indian Philosophy, Volume 39, No.1. [https://www.jstor.org/stable/23884108?seq=1#metadata_info_tab_contents]
- "Source, Exegesis, and Translation: Sanskrit Commentary and Regional Language Translation in South Asia" (2011) in the Journal of the American Oriental Society, Vol. 131, no. 2 [https://www.jstor.org/stable/23044644?seq=1#metadata_info_tab_contents]
American Oriental Society, Association for Asian Studies, International Association of Sanskrit Studies, American Institute of Indian Studies, Scindia Oriental Research Institute, Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute